People become Kleptomania because there is an irresistible impulse to steal even though he did not need and sometimes the goods are stolen goods is not too valuable.
Reporting from mayoclinic, Kleptomania is a serious mental health disorders that if left untreated the person will make life a mess.
Recent research conducted at Stanford University revealed that 62.5 percent Kleptomania sufferers are women while the remaining 37.5 percent were male.
Kleptomania Patients will deny himself sick and defend themselves if accused of stealing. Most sufferers ashamed and afraid to seek health care
The characteristics of Kleptomania is:
- Got a big desire is so urgent to steal the items he may not need.
- Feeling happy when stealing.
- Feeling relieved and satisfied
- But after stealing will feel guilt, regret, self-loathing and fear in police custody.
- Although after stealing arise fear and regret, but the urge to steal will reappear spontaneously or when you’re depressed or stressed, so the behavior Kleptomania repeated.
- Kleptomania people steal not for personal gain or revenge, but because of the encouragement that is so strong that arise stimulus to steal.
Until now the cause of Kleptomania is not known for certain. But some evidence showed Kleptomania may be associated with one of the brain hormone that is on serotonin. The hormone serotonin helps regulate mood and emotion.
There is also some evidence mentioned that Kleptomania may be associated with addiction disorders or obsessive-compulsive disorder. But further research is needed to better understand the possible causes of Kleptomania.
Although the cause of Kleptomania is not known with certainty, but researchers found no risk factors that increase behavior Kleptomania namely:
- Excessive stress, such as going through major losses
- In head injury or brain injury
- Having siblings who Kleptomania, mood disorders, addiction or obsessive-compulsive disorder.
If not treated, it can cause problems Kleptomania emotional and legal issues.Because patients Kleptomania knew stealing was wrong but feel powerless to resist the urge.
Kleptomania Treatment is usually with medication and psychotherapy, counseling or go to class.
Cognitive behavioral therapy has become the primary choice for Kleptomania psychotherapy. In general, cognitive behavioral therapy helps sufferers identify unhealthy behaviors and replace them with a healthy and positive.
To avoid recurrence, be sure to stay on treatment plans. If the patient feels driven to steal immediately contact the psychiatrist or family or group counseling.
Powered by Facebook Comments