Uterus (where the fetus develops) is normally located in the pelvis with various muscles, tissue and ligaments that support it.
But sometimes because of the birth process or a difficult childbirth can make the muscles are weakened. Or in line with declining estrogen naturally, the uterus may descend into the vaginal canal known as the uterus down.
Friday (12/10/2010) there are several conditions that can cause a prolapsed uterus or womb down, namely:
- Several times do normal vaginal delivery.
- Weakness in the pelvic floor muscles after elderly.
- The weakening or loss of power network after menopause and declining estrogen levels naturally.
- Conditions that cause increased pressure within the abdomen such as chronic cough, too straining due to constipation, pelvic tumors or the accumulation of fluid in the abdomen.
- Being overweight or obese and the presence of an additional burden on the pelvic muscles.
- Radical surgery in the pelvic area which caused the loss of support eskternal.
- Frequent heavy lifting.
Symptoms that occur when the uterus someone down is to feel the bulge that is described as sitting on a small ball, pain in the waist, feeling there was something out of the vagina, pain during intercourse, difficult urination and defecation, incontinence and difficulties when walk.
To handle the uterus depends on the weakness down the supporting structures around the uterus. If still mild or can handle at home, so mothers are advised to strengthen the pelvic muscles through Kegel exercises.
If you can not be treated with Kegel exercises, then needed medical treatment, such as inserting a ring into the vagina to help restore strength and vitality of the tissues in the vagina. Handling is done if the woman still wants to get pregnant again or if there are contraindications to surgery.
While the last option is to do surgery to repair uterine or lifting. In severe cases, doctors would be lifting the uterus (hysterectomy). during the operation the surgeon will also improve the buffer wall of the vagina, urethra, bladder and rectum.
Yet there are some things you can do to prevent uterine down, such as losing weight, avoid constipation by eating foods high in fiber, do Kegel exercises to strengthen pelvic muscles and avoid heavy lifting and straining.
The condition of the uterus down is described in some classifications, namely:
A. Muscle weakness that serves as supporting the uterus, this condition is divided into several stages, namely:
- First degree, cervix down into the vagina
- Second degree, the cervix attached to the vaginal opening
- The third degree, the cervix is outside the vagina
- Fourth degree, the uterus is outside the vagina. This condition is also referred to as procidentia caused by weakness of all the muscles that support the uterus.
B. Some other conditions that can weaken the muscles that hold the uterus, namely;
- Cystocele, the hernia (bulge) from the front wall of the vagina in which part of the bladder protruding into the vagina. This condition can cause increased urinary frequency, retention and incontinence.
- Enterocele, the hernia (bulge) from the back wall of the vagina is where most of the small intestine protruding into the vagina. This condition usually causes a sensation ketarik and back pain while lying down.
- Rectocele, the hernia (bulge) from the rear wall of the vagina in which the rectum protruding into the vagina. These conditions make a person difficult bowel movements and maybe someone needs to push the inside of the vagina to empty the bowel.
Powered by Facebook Comments