Radiation attacks could be from anywhere, either from the daily environment and are very serious such as nuclear reactor meltdowns. When the radiation level above normal, there are things you need to know not to panic.
Some things to know about radiation is as follows, as quoted by FoxNews.
1. Radiation is everywhere
Radiation is everywhere, naturally found in many everyday environments. Heat, light and micro wave (microwave) radiation source that can not be avoided.
Uranium, radium is throrium and radioactive materials are released in small quantities by soil and rocks. Because the numbers are small, these radiation sources do not threaten health.
2. Every human being exposed to radiation
Knowingly or not, every human being exposed to radiation throughout the year. According to data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, about 80 percent of people exposed to radiation from natural sources while the remaining 20 percent comes from the use of radiological equipment, especially X-rays. That is, the human body has a tolerance of up to a certain level to neutralize the effects of radiation.
3. Acute radiation syndrome
Explosion or leakage of nuclear reactors provide (exposure) high amounts of radiation, which can directly trigger the effect if only for a short time. Various symptoms included nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and skin damage called acute radiation syndrome (ARS).
In the long run, pejanan radiation from nuclear reactors can damage bone marrow and internal bleeding. Various nuclear reactor radiation damage akubat generally is permanent and can lead to death within the next few months.
4. What to do when a nuclear emergency
In emergency conditions due to increased levels of radiation above normal, residents are usually asked to take refuge in a shelter.
Can also in the house if forced and encouraged to close all doors and windows, turn off fans and air conditioning, do not bring still objects from outside the house and monitor the situation around by radio or television.
Powered by Facebook Comments