On a cold, rainy and cold is a disease that most often attacks. Flu-like symptoms such as nasal congestion, runny nose, cough and fever of course a very disturbing activities. certain foods can ease symptoms and speed recovery of colds and flu.
Here are some foods that can reduce the symptoms of colds and flu:
1. warm fluids According to the University of Maryland Medical Center, warm fluids may help reduce nasal congestion and respiratory distress associated with colds and flu. Warm liquids also can loosen mucus and help repel the virus from the body’s cells. Broth, soup and hot tea is an effective option to relieve symptoms of flu.
2. chili sauce “fresh cayenne pepper can help you relieve the symptoms of flu and colds,” writes Dr. James Balch and Phyllis Balch in his book Prescription for nutritional healing.Capsaicin found in peppers is a chemical compound that can help improve circulation, providing nutrients and vitamins to infected cells. Heat capsaicin can also help reduce the blockage in the chest and nasal cavity.
3. Ginger Ginger contains antiviral compounds that can help destroy the viruses that cause influenza and colds. These foods also help boost the immune system, supports the production of natural antibacterial and antiviral compounds.
4. Zinc foods that contain a lot of zinc, to stimulate the immune system and reduce symptoms of colds and flu. Beans, beans, fish (seafood), red meat, egg and soy products that are sources of zinc.
5. garlic contains chemical compound which offers a powerful antibiotic properties and antivirus. This link may increase the body’s ability to destroy viruses, colds and flu. Garlic can also improve blood circulation, helps the circulatory system, and provide the necessary nutrients, such as oxygen and water in the cells of the body.
Powered by Facebook Comments