Sometimes someone accidentally swallow toothpaste that is being used. But this should not become a habit, because swallowing toothpaste berflouride can cause side effects. Toothpaste usually contains various compounds such as detergents, chemicals and abrasive to clean teeth, dyes, calcium, and also taste. As well as some toothpastes now contain fluoride. This material is generally not safe if swallowed and the amount is too often exaggerated in the body.
Some children sometimes enjoy the taste of toothpaste. But be aware that swallowing too much fluoride from toothpaste potentially cause permanent stains on teeth called fluorosis. Fluorosis This will cause a variety of different stains on the teeth like yellow stripes, or brown spots. Children aged 1-4 years susceptible to this condition, because usually they swallow the toothpaste he uses.
In more serious cases can cause black spots and gray even to the hole. A result of fluorosis stains are generally would continue to exist during the life of someone, as quoted from Healthcentre.org.uk.
- Difficulty breathing
- Feels like salt or soap in the mouth
- Heart rate slows
- Shaking and in shock
- Nausea and vomiting
- Suddenly felt weakness
Powered by Facebook Comments