Vitamins and certain minerals are very important in certain life time. Here are the essential nutrients required by women’s age group, as quoted by WebMD, namely:
Age groups of children and adolescents
At this age is important to consume fruits, vegetables, dairy products and protein sources. While other nutrients are especially important:
- Calcium, all ages need calcium but it will be important during childhood and adolescence. This condition is to help keep bones strong and fast is not porous when old.
- Iron, nutrition is very important especially when girls start menstruating to assist the production of red blood cells and prevent anemia.
- Reduce high-calorie foods, many children and teens now that excessive calorie consumption. For that avoid high-calorie diet and physical activity to balance it multiply.
Adult age group
Some of the important nutrients for women during adulthood, especially if he is planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding, namely:
- Folic acid, this nutrient is essential to prevent neural tube defects which can be fatal to the fetus is conceived.
- Vitamin B12, nutrition has a role similar to folic acid that is essential for nervous system development and function.
- Omega-3 fatty acids, these nutrients contribute a lot in helping the body including the brain and nerve cells remain healthy. In pregnant women can help prevent premature births, while for women who are not planning to become pregnant can help reduce the risk of heart disease and other cardiovascular.
- Vitamin D, this vitamin helps produce the skin cells when exposed to sunlight and helps the body absorb calcium.
- Iron, as long as a woman is still menstruating then he needs enough iron, whereas in women who are pregnant need more iron.
Elderly group (menopause)
After menopuase the body undergoes further changes. Iron needs not as much as when she was menstruating and no increase in other nutrients to help absorb and metabolic processes. Here are the essential nutrients that should be considered:
- Calcium and vitamin D, although sometimes the bone loss is inevitable as increasing age, but this condition can be slowed by getting calcium and vitamin D intake is adequate.
- Vitamin B12, vitamin serves to prevent the occurrence of brain function decline with age that can be obtained from foods such as fish.
- Fluid, fluid needs of women increases with age. But generally when the old body’s ability to recognize thirst signal is reduced so that it tends to consume less water.
In addition to nutrients, is also required regular physical activity. This is because as women get older he will experience loss of muscle mass, and physical activity can help maintain muscle.
Powered by Facebook Comments