This is experienced by Alice, she initially thought a woman. But when he was 17 years old he has not menstruating. After doing tests at the hospital found that she had XY chromosomes which is the male chromosome.
The doctor ended up doing more tests and found in the body of Alice there is no uterus, ovaries and egg cells. It is known that Alice has Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome (AIS), which is one type of intersex.
Intersex adala group of conditions where there is a difference between the external genitalia and internal genitalia (testes and ovaries). This condition can also be referred to as disorders of sex development, DSDs and psedohermaphroditism.
In general, intersex conditions do not cause people to feel sore or painful, although some specific types can be associated with serious problems.
Chromosome sometimes does not always dictate one’s gender identity, like Alice who live as women despite having XY chromosomes. Therefore people with intersex need social support and psychological well as open and honest communication.
Sometimes called a hermaphrodite intersex, which in biology is the organism with male and female reproductive organs. But in humans there is no term for hermaphrodite condition.
It is estimated that about 1 percent of total live births showed the condition of sexual ambiguity. This will be a special mention some specialists, including surgery to disguise their sexual ambiguity of these infants.
Intersex is divided into four distinct categories, namely:
- 46, XX intersex, ie someone who has female chromosomes and ovaries, but the external genitalia that appear are men.
- 46, XY intersek, ie someone who has male chromosomes but external genitalia are formed yag incomplete or ambiguous, such as women.
- True gonadal intersex, ie people who have ovaries and testes, or may have one ovary and one testicle. This person could have XX chromosomes, XY or both.
- Disorders of sexual development or intersex complex that has not been determined.This disorder is probably due to different chromosome configurations, such as 45, XO (only one X chromosome) or 47 chromosomes with a combination of XXX or XXY.
Although there are several reasons underlying the intersex condition, but no-gajala symptoms that include conditions, namely:
- Genital ambiguity at birth.
- Having mikropenis.
- Clitoromegaly (an enlarged clitoris).
- Visible undescended testes, which may turn into ovaries.
- Delayed puberty, puberty do not experience symptoms or a change in puberty.
- Electrolyte abnormalities.
Intersex is a complex issue, so the treatment is performed also has long term consequences and short-term. Therefore need to look at many factors including the specific cause of intersex. Support from family, and social environment is needed by people with intersex.
Powered by Facebook Comments