When some people eat something his body reacted instantly and most expect it as an allergy. But not all the body’s reaction to reject the food allergies, could also be due to food intolerance. What’s the difference?
Body’s negative reaction to certain foods that most of the actually caused by food intolerance is not due to allergies. This makes food intolerance is more common than allergies.
Even so allergies can cause some symptoms similar to food intolerance, so sometimes these two conditions can be confusing.
Friday (12/10/2010) there is a difference between food allergy with food intolerance, namely:
Food allergy is one of the response of the immune system. This occurs when the body of one grocery detect triggering the body’s defense system (antibodies) to fight.
Symptoms will appear when the antibodies begin to attack on a food that is considered a foreign object. Usually this condition occurs in food nuts, fish, shellfish, milk, eggs, soy and wheat products.
The characteristics of food allergies:
- The immune system mistakenly identifies the type of food as something dangerous.
- To fight the body will produce antibodies.
- While someone is eating food in small amounts, it still could trigger a serious allergic reaction.
- The immune system releases histamine and other chemicals into the bloodstream that cause symptoms of food allergies.
- Symptoms of food allergy is the emergence of mouth tingling, itching, swelling of the face, lips, tongue and throat, difficulty breathing, dizziness and even fainting. In certain circumstances sometimes accompanied by nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
Food intolerance is the response of the digestive system. This terjdi when there is something in foods that interfere with the digestive system that can not be digested or broken down. The most common type is an intolerance of lactose found in milk and other dairy products.
The characteristics of food intolerance:
- No enzyme needed to digest food completely and therefore interfering with the digestive system.
- In chronic conditions that can lead to irritable bowel syndrome / IBS.
- This condition does not involve the immune system, there is a possibility if consumed in small quantities would not cause a reaction.
- The symptoms of food intolerance are nausea, abdominal pain, gas, cramps, bloating, vomiting, diarrhea, irritability and nervous.
- Sensitive to food additives, such as sulfide is used to megawetkan dried fruit, canned food and drinks wine.
If you have a reaction to a food, it is critically important to determine whether the result of food intolerance or allergic reactions.
Generally, food intolerance will make someone suffer, while food allergies are generally more dangerous and life-threatening.
Powered by Facebook Comments