A hoarse voice or lose it will interfere with one’s activities, especially in terms of communication. Actually, anything that can make someone’s voice becomes hoarse or lost?
The sound produced by a person coming from the vocal cords vibrate contained in the voice box (larynx). Still sounds hoarse or lost can be caused by many factors. Here are factors that can cause hoarseness and loss of ent.about.com , namely:
This condition is usually caused by viruses such as flu and rarely due to bacterial infection, because it usually will not respond if treated with antibiotics. When vocal cords are infected by the virus, then it will swell and cause loss of voice or become hoarse.
This condition usually lasts for several weeks or months. Some things may underlie this condition is usually due to exposure to irritants (substances that can irritate) such as the continuing pressures on the vocal cords, chronic sinusitis, yeast infections (due to a weakened immune system) and exposed to fumes or gases which contain chemicals.
Smoking and alcohol consumption
Chemical substances contained in cigarettes and alcohol can cause a hoarse voice, especially if it lasts a long time. But if the hoarseness that occurs is more than 3 weeks should consult a doctor, because tobacco and alcohol may increase the risk of esophageal cancer.
That turned sour due to the esophagus (acid reflux)
When sleep lying down at night, the acid from the stomach into the esophagus that can turn affect or irritate the vocal cords. If the amount of acid in the stomach too much should consult with your doctor to reduce them.
Using excessive sound
This condition most often occurs in people whose jobs are always talking and singing.Misusing excessive sound can cause interference with the vocal cords such as cysts or cause bleeding. Usually happens if often talk loudly, shout or talk too much.
To cope with hoarseness or loss, there are several things you can do are:
- Resting the voice by way of whispered or not speak
- Eating plenty of fluids and rest
- Evaluate whether or not a fungal infection, especially in people with weakened immune systems or using corticosteroid inhalers for asthma
- Overcoming the amount of excess acid in the stomach if the result of acid reflux
- Learn breathing techniques, proper speech and singing
- Avoiding cigarettes, cigarette smoke and alcohol
- Reducing the contact or exposure to irritants such as dust or vapors from chemical substances.
Powered by Facebook Comments