The swollen eye is usually only when someone waking was aware. This incident is a common occurrence and can be caused by various factors. Here are some things that could be the cause, as quoted from the LIVESTRONG and Mayoclinic, , namely:
Sleeping with your head elevated can not make the fluid accumulates below the eyes.Conversely, if the head is supported somewhat by placing a pillow under the head will allow the force of gravity to draw liquids out from under the eyes naturally.
How long to sleep
Getting enough sleep not only helps the body function properly, but also affects the level of inflammation in the body. If you are not getting enough sleep, the blood vessels under the eyes will dilate and closer to the surface so it looks more swollen.
Food and beverages are consumed before bed
If you eat a diet rich in sodium or drinking excess alcohol then it will likely wake up with puffy eyes. This is because food is too salty or high sodium causes the body to retain water so that the trigger swollen eyes.
Meanwhile alcoholic beverages act as a trigger dehydration so make the skin under the eyes feel thinner. This causes fluid to accumulate more visible and appear more swollen.
Even so there are some things you can do as a routine to reduce puffy eyes effectively, namely:
- Cold compresses to the eye area as a whole for a few minutes after waking. To mengompresnya can use slices of cucumber, cloth, cotton or a wet tea bag that serves constrict blood vessels.
- Give a gentle pressure on the bone around the eye as when compressed, this condition will encourage circulation and help reduce excess fluid.
- If puffy eyes caused by eating salty foods at night, then drink water when you wake up can help reduce puffy eyes.
- Try getting enough sleep and use pillows to help prop up the head so as to prevent accumulation of fluid around the eye during sleep.
- If the eyes are swollen due to allergy to something, then identify the allergens. Allergies can be caused by soaps, cosmetics or certain medications.
Powered by Facebook Comments