Norovirus infection can cause severe diarrhea and vomiting. Noroviruses are the leading cause of gastrointestinal illness in closed and crowded environments, such as hospitals, nursing homes, and cruise ships. Usually, people with norovirus infection develop diarrhea and abdominal pain and began vomiting within 24-48 hours of exposure. Norovirus symptoms can last several days, but most people recover fully without treatment. But in some people, especially infants, adults, and people with underlying disease, vomiting and diarrhea can cause dehydration and require medical attention. Infection is highly contagious norovirus. Noroviruses generally spread through food or water contaminated by feces. Norovirus infection can also spread through close contact with an infected person, for example if you live in a nursing home.
Noroviruses are highly contagious through the feces of infected humans and animals. Oysters, salad, and raspberries can be a food that is responsible for the outbreak. Infected people can transfer the virus to any food product just before serving. Methods of transmission include:
1. Eating contaminated foods
2. 3 Drinking water contaminated. Touching hand to mouth after hand contact with contaminated surfaces or objects Noroviruses are difficult to eradicate, because the virus could be resistant to heat and cold temperatures, as well as disinfectants.
Signs and symptoms of norovirus infection include:
3. Abdominal pain
4. Stomach cramps
6. Weight loss
7. Bad taste
8. Mild fever incubation period for norovirus infection usually 24-48 hours after the first exposure to the virus.
Signs and symptoms usually last 1-3 days. Some people with norovirus infection may not show signs or symptoms. However, such persons can transmit norovirus and may unwittingly spread the virus to others.
There is no specific treatment for norovirus infection, and recovery generally depends on the health of the immune system. At most, the disease usually resolves within a few days. The main factor is to replace lost fluids. If you do not drink enough fluids to prevent dehydration, may need to receive fluids intravenously.
Powered by Facebook Comments