Many pregnant women who do not smoke but were affected due to frequent exposure to cigarette smoke from the surrounding areas. In fact there are 10 hazards that occur when a pregnant mother taxable cigarette smoke.
Pregnant women exposed to smoke either from co-workers, the environment or family member can cause a particular risk.
The condition of pregnant women who smoke cigarettes without realizing taxable real effect on pregnancy and the fetus.
Chemical compounds contained in cigarette can get into the pregnant woman’s body and poison the fetus.
In a study reported at the American Association for Cancer Research in Washington said that the compounds that enter these can cause genetic damage that eventually could be the beginning of leukemia or other cancers.
Researchers from the University of Louisville analyze that there are 3 carcinogens (cancer-triggering compounds) of tobacco that can enter into the body of the mother and baby are benzo (a) pyrene, 4-aminobiphenil and acrylonitrile.
In addition to causing cancer, pregnant women exposed to cigarette smoke can also cause other hazards, as quoted from CDC.gov and Telegraph,namely:
- Cigarette smoke can cause premature death in babies who are conceived and cause disease when the baby is born
- Risk of conceiving babies with low birth weight (LBW) due to toxins in cigarettes can impede blood flow which is a source of nutrition for infants
- Cigarette smoke can increase the risk of having babies died from SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) compared with infants not exposed to cigarette smoke
- Increases the risk of babies exposed to bronchitis, pneumonia, ear infections and slows lung growth
- Cigarette smoke during pregnancy can cause changes in DNA structure that can later be infant immune system weakens
- Disrupt fetal brain growth during in the womb, and at risk of mental retardation
- Frequent exposure to secondhand smoke can make a baby born prematurely who generally have a body organ development are not yet perfect
- Increase the risk of the baby has asthma
- Increase the risk of birth defects such as cleft lip caused by abnormalities in the sperm of the father of smokers
- Effect of cigarette smoke can cause the baby has congenital heart disease until miscarriage
To prevent this required the cooperation of various parties, both family, friends, coworkers and the people around pregnant women not to smoke. As well as making regulations more clear on places where it is allowed and not allowed to smoke.
Powered by Facebook Comments